Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my very own blog!  Many of you will be coming here via a link from my wife's blog (theallensbaby.blogspot.com).  While her blog has been extremely successful in keeping friends and family in touch with our family's life, mine will be a little different.  God put it on my heart several months ago to share some of my reflections and thoughts from my daily Bible study/quiet time.  I currently journal my thoughts and observations, so this will just be a way of keeping that journal online. 

I say "daily", but like many of you, I can't say that quiet time happens every single day.  There may be times when, for some reason, I don't think what I wrote about that day is appropriate to put out here. For whatever this is worth, though, I will make an honest effort to keep this updated on a regular basis.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this blog is, to tell you the truth.  I don't know what purpose it will serve for others.  It may simply be a way of compiling my thoughts in something other than a physical journal.  Sara has published two blog books (one for each of Aaron's first two years of life) that are priceless.  A scrapbook, but better.  Not only do we have pictures, but we have her comments and observations that give context to the visual images.  Maybe I'll create blog books from here to give to Aaron and Abby?  The purpose and ultimate use of this blog is not for me to decide on and create.  That's God's job.  He simply put it on my heart to do this, and so I am doing it.  He will handle the rest. 

Let's all sit back and see where He takes this thing...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jory,
I just read your new blog. It is exciting to see what God is doing in your life. God continues to bless our lives in many ways and I stand on tiptoes to see and hear what God puts on your heart. Thank you for sharing.
God Bless You Son, Love, MOM

August 29, 2011 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home