Friday, May 31, 2013

Strength when you need it

Psalm 112:7  "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."

I have to admit I live in some degree of fear of bad news.  Maybe fear is too strong of a word for what I feel, but I do think about scenarios and times where bad news will come my way.  Sometimes being conscious of the possibility of bad news is a good thing, causing me to recognize and appreciate times that are largely absent of bad news. 

My thoughts seem to center on my reaction and response when bad news does come my way.  Specifically, I wonder whether bad news will shake my faith.  I recognize that it is easy to trust, follow and obey the Lord in good times.  The real test comes when life and circumstances no longer make sense.  When life has become unfair and painful, do I really have the depth of faith and the ability to trust in the Lord that I think I do?

One thing I know for sure is that I will get my chance to find out.  Bad news will come, and my faith will be tested.  Maybe I don't have right now what I will need at that time to make it through.  But I trust in the Lord to give me the strength and fortitude that I might or might not have today at the point in time where I need it most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home