Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sowing seeds

Mark 4:14  "The farmer sows the word."

This verse stands out to me right now as Sara and I are trying to teach and mold Aaron.  I want desperately to teach him to be a good boy and, later on, a good man.  I use the word "good" in the sense of being a Godly man, one who has values and knows what those values are, and puts those values into practice in his daily life.

Sara and I work diligently to set boundaries for him and to teach him right from wrong.  I have to admit I get frustrated with him when he doesn't seem to listen or absorb what I am trying to teach him.  (You think this is how God feels about us?) But then, out of nowhere, he will repeat something I said to him much earlier, and I realize how much he really is absorbing and learning.  I probably have no idea how much he is taking in right now, and how careful I need to be to make sure he is taking in the right things. 

I truly am a farmer scattering seeds in the soil.  Some of those seeds will sprout immediately and I will see reward for the effort.  Some may sprout later, when I am least expecting it or possibly had given up hope. 

Lord, please give me the right seeds to sow in my childrens' hearts and the patience to wait for You to sprout those seeds in Your perfect timing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home