Friday, September 16, 2011

Acting childish

Luke 18:17  " 'I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will not enter it.' "

What does it mean to receive the kingdom of God like a little child?  Sara and I have two living, breathing examples at home who give me some insight into what this might mean:

1. Joy-  Aaron and Abby live most of their lives in a joyous state.  They don't hesitate to smile, laugh, dance, or do anything they can think of to please us and bring a smile to our faces.  Life is good, and it shows through them.

2. Faith-  One of the phrases I hear most from Aaron is, "What about Daddy do it?"  He thinks I can do anything, and he rarely hesitates to ask.  Sometimes what he is asking for is not good for him or it's not the right time, so I don't fulfill his request.  But that doesn't stop him from asking!

3. Lack of self-sufficiency-  Every day, it seems like both kids are doing more and more for themselves.  But they still have a very keen awareness of their own limitations.  They know they can't do everything for themselves in their own power.  And, they are okay with this fact.  That's just how their world works.  They can do some things, but there are a lot of things Sara and I will have to do for them.  They don't beat themselves up for not being able to do it all, and they certainly don't think they have to do it all to make me proud or so that I will love them.

Approach the Heavenly Father like a child- with joy, faith and a healthy sense of your own personal limits.  He wants us to rely on Him, and doesn't expect or demand any more from us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home